Baby! It's Hot Outside
Are You Drinking Enough Water?
Be honest when you answer that question. We lose water everyday through processes such as breathing, temperature regulation and excretion. If our water intake doesn’t replenish these losses we become dehydrated. It takes less than a 1% deficiency to trigger our thirst response. Just a 2.5% percent reduction in our hydration can result in short-term memory loss, trouble with performing basic math, and challenges in focusing. This is estimated as a 25% reduction in energy and efficiency in most people. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is mild dehydration. Dehydration can often be more of a problem in the hot summer months as we tend to perspire more to regulate our body temperature.
How Much Water Should We Drink?
There is no perfect answer to this question as it depends on your age, health status, level of physical activity, body type and ambient surroundings. Everyone has heard drink eight 8oz glasses of water a day. We lose 10 cups a day on the average. That is 80 ounces of water that needs be replaced. How much water we need to drink is variable by body type, level of physical activity, ambient temperature and age. A good rule of thumb is to drink half your body weight in ounces per day of water. So, if you weigh 160 pounds, 10 glasses or 80 ounces per day is a good rule to follow.
One easy way...
One easy way to ensure that you stay well hydrated is to carry a water bottle. It serves as a reminder to drink water throughout the day, whether you’re outdoors or sitting at your desk.
Keeping a Nikken Sport Bottle with you always is an excellent way to stay hydrated as part of your Self Care program. Fill it up with tap water or fountain water and the patented microfilter removes sediment, reduces chlorine and lead and other contaminants. PiMag water technology adds natural minerals and adjusts the pH value to 8.5-9.5, an alkaline range that helps counterbalance our acidic environment. In addition to its benefits to us physically, PiMag water is so much less expensive than purchased bottled water, and is environmentally responsible. The bottle itself is biodegradable and contains no BPA or other potentially harmful compounds. The filter components are replaceable, further extending the life of the bottle—by using the PiMag® Sport Bottle, you’re helping to reduce the impact on landfill waste caused by disposable water bottles. This choice is good for your health, your wallet and our environment. Be Healthy by Choice and stay hydrated my friends.
The average retail price of popular bottled water products, based on a national price survey, equals $2 - $5 per gallon. PiMag water costs only a few cents per gallon. Why pay for expensive bottled water, when PiMag water costs less and is better? The PiMag® Sport Bottle is the clean, economical and intelligent alternative to commercially bottled water.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• The PiMag Sport Bottle features a unique, patented (U.S. Patent #8439205) microfilter that meets or exceeds internationally recognized filtration standards.
• PiMag Water Technology adds natural minerals and adjusts pH value to 8.5-9.5 range (alkaline) to help counterbalance a largely acidic modern environment. Corrosion-protected magnets produce a magnetic field surrounding the direction of water flow to reduce sediment agglomeration.
• Alkaline water decreases oxidation-reduction potential, or ORP. A decrease in ORP can help offset the oxidizing effect of free radicals.
• The Sport Bottle is environmentally responsible in many ways: the biodegradable bottle shell (containing no BPA or other potentially harmful compounds) eventually breaks down into natural soil nutrients.
• Filter components are replaceable, to extend the life of the bottle, further reducing the impact on landfill waste caused by disposable water bottles.